Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Word Count Wednesday--five

What am I working on?

I'm still working on the same novel about Mary, Queen of Scotts.  I started experimenting with a screenplay because I'm taking an online writing for television class from Shonda Rhimes (it's on masterclass).  I'm not sure screenwriting is really my thing, but Shonda Rhimes is teaching an online class so I had to sign up for it.

How do I feel about the process?

Good and bad.  I'm at this one part of my novel that I didn't fully plot out so I'm struggling to figure out what comes next.  I wrote a chapter I felt really good about this week though, so I'm making some progress. Trying to write a screenplay is really weird, partially because I have no idea how to do it, partially because it's a lot of dialogue.  I've also been sick all week, so my motivation has been low.

Words this week: 3,960
Total words in the novel: 17,173

What am I reading?

My lovely Women's History textbook and academic journals about dystopian societies in literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment