Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Word Count Wednesday--two

What am I working on?

I'm still working on Mary, Queen of Scottsville Academy.  Explaination here.

Total word count: 10,970

I wrote 5,070 of those this week.

How do I feel about the process?

I was feeling a little stuck this week because I realized that I knew what was happening in their world, but I didn't know why.  So, I got some advice from Bradford about world building and I've been working on that a lot.  I think I'm almost to the right place to continue with the story.  It's been taking some interesting turns into a more fantasy type world than I was expecting, but I like the direction it's going in.  I tend to want to write things really quickly when I'm excited about an idea, so I'm trying to take my time with this one to make sure it turns out how I want it to.

What am I reading?

I'm reading The Magicians by Lev Grossman.

And some history books about Mary, Queen of Scots and Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment